Modify FRECON files failed

Jingwen Ye

Jun 7, 2022, 8:06:37 AM6/7/22
to ChromiumOS Development
I want to modify file in FRECON since there are some errors shown from boot log.
I added some "printf" in

chromiumos/src/platform/frecon/drm.c

and hoped to show more information to analyze the problem. But after running build. The log did not show any information about my "printf". Does the code of FRECON is fixed and any modification cannot be effective in the compiling progress?

After I modified drm.c, I ran:

cros_workon_make --board=${BOARD} ${PACKAGE_NAME} --install

setup_board --board=${BOARD}

build_packages --board=${BOARD} --autosetgov --jobs 12

./build_image --board=${BOARD} --boot_args "earlyprintk=serial,keep console=ttyS0" --noenable_rootfs_verification test

Mike Frysinger

Jun 7, 2022, 10:07:41 AM6/7/22
to Jingwen Ye, ChromiumOS Development
use `emerge-$BOARD frecon` to create a binpkg, and `cros deploy ...` to install that binpkg to a live DUT.  then you don't need to keep build_packages+build_image.
-mike

Jingwen Ye

Jun 7, 2022, 11:30:01 PM6/7/22
to ChromiumOS Development, Mike Frysinger, ChromiumOS Development, Jingwen Ye
I want to test the built image on QEMU and can I ignore this step:

`cros deploy ...` to install that binpkg to a live DUT

and continue to build package and image to get the Chromium OS image with "modified" FRECON?