In crosh shell sudo cannot work

Arwen Bu

Jul 6, 2015, 7:21:52 AM7/6/15
to chromiu...@chromium.org
Dear all,

We meet a problem when we try to use sudo command in crosh shell.

chronos@localhost:/$ sudo
effective uid is not 0, is /usr/bin/sudo on a file system with the 'nosuid' option set or an NFS file system without root privileges?

But when we use ssh to connect localhost through crosh shell, it can work correctly.

chronos@localhost:$/ ssh chronos@localhost
chronos@localhost:~$ sudo
Usage: sudo -h | -K | -k | -V

Does anyone can provide some suggestion about how to resolve this problem?
What is reason about this problem?

Thanks.
A.B.

Mike Frysinger

Jul 6, 2015, 9:46:28 AM7/6/15
to Arwen Bu, chromium-os-dev
that's interesting.  what device are you using ?  what version of Chrome/Chrome OS are you running ?
-mike

Arwen Bu

Jul 7, 2015, 11:04:02 PM7/7/15
to chromiu...@chromium.org, arw...@gmail.com
Dear Mike,

We built the chromium os R43, and installed it in a x86 machine.
For development, we changed some configuration of the system to install and run our defined services.
And I think it is just because of these changes which cause this problem.

Would you please help to provide some information about which elements of chromium os may cause this problem?

BR,
A.B

Mike Frysinger

Jul 7, 2015, 11:54:44 PM7/7/15
to Arwen Bu, chromium-os-dev
i imagine if Chrome is spawned in a new user ns you might get this weird behavior.  look at the output of `stat /usr/bin/sudo` between the two sessions.
-mike
This conversation is locked