upstart event in CROS

Seongbin BAK

Nov 11, 2021, 5:58:44 AM11/11/21
to Chromium OS Development
For example, " login-prompt-visible", "boot-alert-request", "start-user-session".
These kind of events are used as a trigger for job/daemon in CROS.

Btw, how can I get the events list of CROS?
How can I capture the events?

Or is there any document like ubuntu ?...

ggg

Nov 11, 2021, 8:10:42 PM11/11/21
to Chromium OS Development, seon...@wayne-inc.com
On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 2:58:44 AM UTC-8 seon...@wayne-inc.com wrote:
For example, " login-prompt-visible", "boot-alert-request", "start-user-session".
These kind of events are used as a trigger for job/daemon in CROS.

Btw, how can I get the events list of CROS?

I would suggest you start by reading the overview - is (or should be) documented here:

But how to debug/trace upstart is described in the upstart documentation:

You could also get a list of all events using command line:
  $ cd /build/atlas/etc/init
  $ grep -Rh -e "^start on" -e "^stop on" | sed -e 's/start on //' -e 's/stop on //' -e 's/stopping //' -e 's/starting //' -e 's/started //' -e 's/stopped //' -e 's/ or / /' -e 's/ and / /' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
      6 startup
      7 failsafe
      9 arcpp-post-login-services
     12 vm_concierge
     29 ui
     35 boot-services
     99 system-services

There might some be built-in events that aren't referenced by Chrome OS scripts.