can't install $ sudo dev_install on arm asus c201pa chromebook stuck on v84 because of final sofware update

Test Tester

Feb 22, 2024, 10:14:40 PMFeb 22
to ChromiumOS Development
I tried to do so to get chrome dev because it doesn't let me download it. But it's giving me the error "curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden
[ERROR:dev_install.cc(315)] Could not download package" Please help.

Mike Frysinger

Feb 22, 2024, 11:53:43 PMFeb 22
to Test Tester, ChromiumOS Development
unfortunately, we haven't been retaining dev_install binpkgs, so this feature stops working on older AUE devices

i'd recommend using Crouton for those devices