how to do esc+refresh+power on chromeos flex

Evan P

Mar 18, 2023, 1:12:25 PM3/18/23
to ChromiumOS Development
Hi. I have a question, so i want to know how to do esc+refresh+power on a non chromebook (chromeos flex) laptop.

Zsolt Furrier

Mar 18, 2023, 4:47:54 PM3/18/23
to ChromiumOS Development, Evan P
Not really...
There is a Ctrl+Alt+Del soft reset, but as a result, there is no recovery option, the machine simply reboots...

dragon788

Mar 18, 2023, 5:35:40 PM3/18/23
to Evan P, ChromiumOS Development
Press Ctrl+Shift+Q+Q then Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R and it should prompt for a Powerwash. It is similar to starting fresh with recovery, but doesn't require a reinstall. If things are bad enough you need a reinstall you'll need to create a ChromeOS Flex USB with the recovery tool and then press Esc or F12 or F10 or whatever your PC requires when rebooting to get to the device selection menu to select the Flex USB to boot from.

On Sat, Mar 18, 2023, 12:12 PM Evan P <crypto...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi. I have a question, so i want to know how to do esc+refresh+power on a non chromebook (chromeos flex) laptop.

Melissa Hunter

Mar 18, 2023, 7:45:14 PM3/18/23
to dragon788, Evan P, ChromiumOS Development
-sign out of your Chromebook
-press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift+r
-select restart
-in the box that appears, select powerwash>continue
-follow the steps that appear and sign-in with your Google account
-once it resets just follow the onscreen instructions to set it back up.