What switch do you have to flick to write extensions that will pin to ChromeOS **taskbar** rather than the browser's?

Tony Mobily

Jun 8, 2022, 7:16:14 PM6/8/22
to ChromiumOS Development
Hi,

What switch do you have to flick to write extensions that will pin to ChromeOS **taskbar** rather than the browser's? Is it something to be changed on the manifest?
Here are some examples, with "Caret" pinning to the taskbar:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/UI7si.png

The difference is that they "feel" like a small app, and integrate well with Chrome OS.

I can see that any reference to "App" has been deleted -- Google apparently has decided that Chrome Apps are not a thing... Which I am OK with. But then, (bonus question) can users search for just "app-like" Extensions? (that is, ones that will pin down to the taskbar, or -- if you are not using ChromeOs, but just Chromium, will have the "Launch" button rather than an Extension icon)

Merc.

Tony Mobily

Jun 8, 2022, 7:21:14 PM6/8/22
to ChromiumOS Development, Tony Mobily
Hi,

Apologies, I posted this in the wrong group by accident.

Merc.