Response callbacks are renamed in Java bindings - please update downstream code by 11/26 if necessary

Oksana Zhuravlova

Nov 16, 2021, 5:27:38 PM11/16/21
to chromium-mojo
Hello all,

https://crbug.com/1093146 covers making the generated Java class names for callbacks (that run on response parameters) less likely to cause a namespace collision. https://crrev.com/c/3252266 has added the code to generate new names with an underscore before the 'Response' suffix.

https://crrev.com/c/3252266 also updated most of the references to the old names in the chromium repository. I am planning to make the rest of updates in follow-up CLs and then remove the code that generates old names. This will break any downstream code that uses old names, so I am planning to wait until the end of next week (Nov 26) before submitting.

If your downstream code uses Java bindings for Please update the response callback names similarly to this example (HasMethodResponse -> HasMethod_Response) to avoid breakage.

Thanks!

--
Oksana Zhuravlova | she / her | Software Engineer | oks...@google.com | 8572109454