dynamic import in web worker

Sigurd Lerstad

Jan 27, 2020, 12:18:39 AM1/27/20
to Chromium HTML5
Hello,

I'm trying to dynamically import() a module from inside a web worker,

I get a module handle back, so it partially works, but the module object has no exports on it.
I know this is new functionality and I need to enable experimental features in chrome://flags.
Is it supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong?
also, where is the best place to ask this question ?

Sigurd

PhistucK

Jan 27, 2020, 5:24:32 AM1/27/20
to Sigurd Lerstad, Chromium HTML5
It sounds like a bug.

Also, module workers are a shipping feature as of Chrome 80 (currently in beta), so no flag is needed anymore.

You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

It would be great if you linked to a reproducible minimal test case (using GitHub Pages, Codepen, Glitch or plnkr.co could be helpful) in the issue. Attachments would also work, but are more complicated to test/confirm due to the required setup (a server).

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster (maybe even before beta).

Thank you.

PhistucK