Modify the <video> tag interpreter

Shake Systems

Oct 28, 2022, 5:55:49 PM10/28/22
to Chromium HTML5, Eric Michel
Hello,
I need to modify the way the HTML tag <video> gets interpreted by the chrome browser. Specifically, I need to include this 2 new features to Chrome.
1. If I "click-swipe" the video takes a screen capture at the current frame.
2. If I click in certain pixel region inside the video area then, open a new tab with the url that it will be included in a new tag attribute called "xon". For example: <video src="..." xon="www.google.com"></video>

Is this the right repository that leads to production?

What are the files I need to modify?

PhistucK

Oct 28, 2022, 6:09:27 PM10/28/22
to Shake Systems, Chromium HTML5, Eric Michel
You want to change the browser itself, right?
First, get the code and build Chromium (note, if you want it to take hours or less and not days, you will need a strong computer - many cores, more than 8/10/16 and a lot of RAM, more than 16/32 GB and of course, an SSD with 100+ GB of available disk space).
Then, you can modify the video code. I believe the relevant code is in this folder.

Good luck!

PhistucK