Web Speech API: is it possible to simultaneously record and transcribe?

Will Koper

Jun 4, 2013, 1:05:48 PM6/4/13
to chromiu...@chromium.org
Or failing that, pipe an audio source file (.wav or .mp3) into speech recognition?

Thomas Alisi

Jun 5, 2013, 11:19:48 AM6/5/13
to chromiu...@chromium.org
hey

you should be able to connect an additional javascript node to the same source and attach it to whatever the output needs to be. I'm using it to get mic levels and provide user feedback. the thing is the browser will ask for mic auth twice, check this out: https://gist.github.com/grudelsud/5442042

Will Koper

Jun 5, 2013, 3:06:25 PM6/5/13
to Thomas Alisi, Chromium HTML5
Thanks, I'll check it out!

I remember reading something about chrome needing to keep asking for mic permissions unless you use https.

Will Koper
Find me on the interweb tubes:

Robert Jones

Jun 19, 2013, 3:30:06 PM6/19/13
to Thomas Alisi, chromiu...@chromium.org
Here is an example that combines speech recognition with audio capture, analysis and display of a spectrogram - pretty simple, seems to work fine

Hope people find it useful

--Rob Jones

Robert Jones

Jun 24, 2013, 3:27:30 PM6/24/13
to Thomas Alisi, gsh...@google.com, chromiu...@chromium.org
I have a page that combines speech recognition with capture and display of the user's audio

This worked fine on Friday in stable chrome and canary

As of today it only works in Canary...

The speech recognition works in stable chrome but not the visualization

Stable is 27.0.1453.116
Canary is 29.0.1546.0 canary

It is not simply an issue of audio visualization as this works in BOTH and is pretty similar visualization code but no speech recognition:

I'm not getting any javascript errors

I know there has been a change in the way permissions are handled over the weekend - any other changes ?
Any issue with having two audioContexts ?

Any help would gratefully received

--Rob

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Thomas Alisi <toma...@stinkdigital.com> wrote:

Thomas Alisi

Jun 25, 2013, 4:27:59 AM6/25/13
to Robert Jones, Glen Shires, chromiu...@chromium.org
I can see it just fine, exactly as it was last week, I'm on chrome 27

Robert Jones

Jun 25, 2013, 9:50:27 AM6/25/13
to Thomas Alisi, Glen Shires, chromiu...@chromium.org
I had tried browser reboots, etc with no luck but I just did a full system restart (Mac Mini, Mac OS X 10.7.5, cinema display) and that solved it... so I'm not sure what the cause might have been - sorry for the goose chase

--Rob

Qiuyuan Liu

Ram Chaudhari

Jun 23, 2020, 3:25:45 AM6/23/20