Audio components play locally, but not on production server. Throwing certificate error.

John Farley

Mar 29, 2020, 11:14:12 AM3/29/20
to Chromium HTML5
Hey all,

I have a few basic audio controllers on one section of my site. They are not set to autoplay, and they are using the browser's native controls. Each audio element loads an MP3 file from a remote server that is plain http, no certificate. When I test the players locally, they work fine. As soon as I load the site to our production server, the players start to throw an error: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID. When I look at the console and mouse over the error URL, it seems that Chrome is replacing http with https. Does anyone know a workaround for this issue? I do not have control of the audio server, so I can't install a certificate.

Thanks for your time and help. Here is the code I'm using:

<audio src="http://path-to-.mp3" controls></audio>

Maybe too basic?

Intrinsic Inc.

Apr 1, 2020, 11:21:25 PM4/1/20
to Chromium HTML5
See suggestion here - reverse proxy that you control so you can install a cert.