HTML5 IndexedDB vs Web SQL database

Bobo

Jul 26, 2010, 11:26:48 AM7/26/10
to Chromium HTML5
Hi,
IndexedDB will replace Web SQL database? Web SQL database will die
before birth?

Jeremy Orlow

Jul 26, 2010, 11:35:49 AM7/26/10
to Bobo, Chromium HTML5
(Surely you could have phrased the question in a more coherent and/or less trolly fashion?)

IndexedDB and WebSQLDatabase are more or less direct competitors, but they're coming at the problem fairly differently.  In addition WebSQLDatabase has a pretty big head start on IndexedDB (whose spec is evolving so quickly that what Mozilla released in Firefox 4 b1 is already pretty out of date).  I think only time will tell how everything will settle out in the long term.  I wouldn't count either technology out yet.