Web Speech API: Server-side Data Privacy

Jaybytez

Aug 15, 2019, 5:18:28 AM8/15/19
to Chromium HTML5
Doing research on the Web Speech API and since Chrome does the SpeechRecognition translations on the server-side, is there any good documentation as to what is done with the data that is sent to the server.  The only doc I have found on privacy is:

But it says nothing about what happens to the data sent to Google, is it stored after translation, how long is it stored, is there logging, can the logging be disabled.

Looking for more detailed information around data privacy policies to how the data is handled.

Thanks,

Jay

Yuta Kitamura

Aug 15, 2019, 7:08:05 AM8/15/19