Uncaught DOMException: Failed to read the 'sessionStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document.

Antonio Adriano Rodrigues de Souza

Dec 25, 2021, 10:45:29 AM12/25/21
to Chromium HTML5
Good morning everyone. I would like to know if any of you have found such an error or if you know if there is a solution. I'm working with an embeded ChatBot and on GoogleChrome browsing anonymously gives the error message. I appreciate any help.

Adriano

PhistucK

Dec 25, 2021, 2:00:42 PM12/25/21
to Antonio Adriano Rodrigues de Souza, Chromium HTML5
I have seen that error as well, though I have not investigated it because it did not have any impact on my workflows or seemingly on the user. I think it was mainly (or only) in non-production environments.

This can happen if an iFrame is loading a data: URL, because those do not have an actual origin and therefore cannot have local or session storage. Verify that the iFrame is not really a data: URL. Same for file:// URLs, but those cannot be embedded in HTTP/HTTPS pages anyway.

PhistucK