Can I emulate a IP Network Camera as a Media Device that is detected by Chromium?

Monica Gawas

Apr 9, 2020, 5:05:46 AM4/9/20
to Chromium HTML5
I have a WebRTC solution based on Chromium browsers which uses local device cameras. However the cameras are mounted at a significant distance and cannot be connected to any PC via USB. They can be connected into the LAN via ethernet cables.

Is there any way to emulate the cameras as a local media device so that navigator.mediaDevices.enumerateDevices recognises them? Can I change the code or use any APIs to the detect IP cameras? Are there any software network drivers/adapters I could use? Any pointers would be greatly helpful.

I have tried the options:
1. Add device in Windows Settings. Did not work as it requires specific Windows Insider update.
2. IP Camera Adapter, ManyCam, iSpy did not work as they all support HTTP. My HD cameras only support RTMP protocol.

PhistucK

Apr 9, 2020, 5:07:17 AM4/9/20
to Monica Gawas, Chromium HTML5
I suggest that you post this to discuss-webrtc.

PhistucK