Encoding Issues

Gabriel Nunes Müller

Jan 5, 2024, 2:18:58 PMJan 5
to chromium-hterm
Hi! hope this finds you well.
I've been using the Secure Shell Legacy App (stable) extension for quite a time in a unupdated version of chrome (my chrome is 115). It works very well, but now I updated to the new version of chrome (120) and installed the most recent updated version of Secure Shell, since the one I was  using was deprecated. It works, but i'm having some issues with the encoding, would you know of a way to make the encoding come as raw? Just like in the older version when there was "send-encoding" & "receive-encoding". I need it to come as raw because in the application im working in, some special characters (such as ç, ãõẽ,etc) come or corrupted or as 2 characters because of the UTF8 encoding, if there is a way to disable the UTF8 encoding it would help me a lot

Mike Frysinger

Jan 5, 2024, 2:24:22 PMJan 5
to Gabriel Nunes Müller, chromium-hterm
sorry, but no, we dropped support for non-UTF-8 and have no plans on bringing it back

you're probably looking for the "luit" tool to convert encoding on the fly to UTF-8.