How to get "PWA" shelf icon on chromeos to launch SSH to a specific host?

Rev. Bobby ThisIsNotMyLastName

Jun 15, 2022, 3:10:14 PM6/15/22
to chromium-hterm
I currently have an icon on  my shelf in my chromos that launches SSH to connect to a host.

I don't recall how I got it there, but managing these things on chromos is confusing itself, and I'm even more confused trying to wrangle the ssh app thingy, so I'm hoping there's some expertise on this mailing list to help me.

When I tried pinning the ssh window, it would just open settings not start a connection.

Is there a documented set of steps I can take to get a launcher on the chromeos "shelf" or "bottom panel" (or whatever its called) that will launch SSH to a specific host?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bobby

Rev. Bobby ThisIsNotMyLastName

Jun 15, 2022, 3:17:10 PM6/15/22
to chromium-hterm, Rev. Bobby ThisIsNotMyLastName
Oh, after searching a bunch more I turned up https://chromium.googlesource.com/apps/libapps/+/HEAD/nassh/doc/FAQ.md#how-do-i-make-a-desktop-icon-or-shelf-shortcut

I think that's what I followed last time

Unfortunately step #4 onward no longer work... those menus don't seem to exist (and alt+F does nothing).

I think the latest chromeos update changes this aspect of the windowing and menus.

Is there a new workaround? (https://crbug.com/1151809 still seems unlikely to be resolved any time soon)

Bobby Dygert (corp gmail)

Jun 15, 2022, 7:24:36 PM6/15/22
to chromium-hterm
I was doing step #2 wrong. When I open the terminal in a tab, there's the menu available and I can create the shortcut. But not in a new window.