hterm - support for Sixel

CoconutMacaroon

Jan 22, 2022, 1:14:19 AM1/22/22
to chromium-hterm
Hello!
I'm using an upstream project (a popular fork of gotty - sorenisanerd/gotty (GitHub)). I'm not a developer of gotty, but I use it, and I've set it to use hterm instead of xtermjs (for other reasons). I really like it, and I'm happy with hterm as the backen, but, I'm trying to get Sixel to work so I can display images in the terminal. See the Wikipedia page, however it appears to not be supported. Here is the error I get:

Error: Your terminal does not report having sixel graphics support. Please use a sixel capable terminal, such as xterm -ti vt340, or ask your terminal manufacturer to add sixel support. You may test your terminal by viewing a single image, like so: convert foo.jpg -geometry 800x480 sixel:- If your terminal actually does support sixel, please file a bug report at http://github.com/hackerb9/lsix/issues Please mention device attribute codes: ^[[?1;2c

To reproduce it, I downloaded the latest version of that fork of gotty, and ran the following command

gotty --term hterm --permit-write lsix --cmd-args 75616-adobestock_63768956jpeg.jpeg

I assume the latest version of gotty ( Releases · sorenisanerd/gotty (github.com) ) is in your path, and that lsix ( Releases · hackerb9/lsix (github.com) ), a tool to display images uxing Sixel in a terminal, is also in your path. Any image will due. Can Sixel support please be added to hterm?

Thank you very much,
CoconutMacaroon