Chrome Tab Recording Notification Causing Errors !!

roberto parenti

4:28 AM (4 hours ago) 4:28 AM
to Chromium Extensions
Hi i run a small teach company around 10 employees currently our tools are web based i am slowly expanding them but running into issues

to get around this i have implamented system to allow employees to record the tab so i can see and recreate there options that cause issues perfectly every time.

when they record there is a popup that states the screen is being recorded and a blu button to stop recording this is causing issues.

I am recording using extension that streams to a server where ffmpeg is used to convert the recording to slightly lower quality and over lays the stream with the employees company id and then saves it in a list of issues for me to look at later.

The issue is this notification popup causes ffmpeg to error out because when it is added to the page it changes the size of the area being recorded this then creates an issue where ffmpeg fails due to input change

this error dose not happen with window or full screen recording with window recording the popup seems to be above the recording area due to employees sometimes working from home its a little bit of a personal security intrusion to have us record the full browser or screen so we need to use tab only recording

is there anyway to hide this inserted notification ? i know its there for security reasons to indicate recording but i do not see why its not above the recording error like the window recording option or why there is not say a red light or native button added to the browser

if its inserted html is there any way to set the position so that it appears inside the recorded area and give the option to manually hide it like in the window recording mode

it seems like a very weird very inconsistent implementation