What are ext_app_menu, ext_sidebar and app-launcher?

Şamil Uludağ

Jun 23, 2024, 5:46:48 AM (6 days ago) Jun 23
to Chromium Extensions
Is there any documentation about these terms? I couldn't find it.

Patrick Kettner

Jun 24, 2024, 7:36:24 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Şamil Uludağ, Chromium Extensions
Hi Şamil!

I am not sure what app-launcher is, where are you seeing this? The other values you can find in the chromium source. You will find from over there that these are UTM values used for attribution sources for Chrome Web Store URLs.

ext_app_menu means a link was triggered from the sub-menu item in the extension menu inside the 3-dot menu in Chrome.
ext_sidebar means that a link was generated from the link in the sidebar in the chrome://extensions page.

patrick

On Sun, Jun 23, 2024 at 5:46 AM Şamil Uludağ <muhamme...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any documentation about these terms? I couldn't find it.

Şamil Uludağ

Jun 24, 2024, 8:58:41 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Şamil Uludağ
Hi Patrick. Thank you for answer. I saw these terms in the CWS developer dashboard analytics, but interestingly I couldn't find any documentation about them.

cws.png

Patrick Kettner

Jun 24, 2024, 9:00:45 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Şamil Uludağ, Chromium Extensions
The analytics are tracking the URLs that are opened by users. The UTM attributes are attached as query strings to the URLs to explain how the user got to that URL.

patrick

Şamil Uludağ

Jun 24, 2024, 9:10:57 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Şamil Uludağ
Thank you!