Mobile to Desktop Installation Funnel

Travel Arrow

May 26, 2024, 5:36:20 AMMay 26
to Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk
Hey team! I had two pieces of feedback for the mobile to desktop installation funnel -

1) When the user is not logged in to Google on their mobile device (lets say mobile Safari on iOS), and they click the install button, they are prompted to a help article. After they login, they aren't even redirected back to the extension page.

A flow that could result in higher conversions here could be - User clicks add to desktop, user immediately gets prompted to login with google (if not logged in), the extension gets added to their desktop. Until this flow is improved, its tough to push users through the flow and us devs need to come up with workarounds to optimize conversions in a world of mobile first marketing funnels.

Tip: The next time you open Chrome on your computer, you’ll see a message that the extension was installed. If the extension needs some permissions, you'll be asked. To approve, click Enable extension.

But when the user installs the extension from mobile, it doesn't show any message automatically on desktop. You need to manually go to extensions and enable the extension.

Thanks! Let me know if I can clarify any of these. Love the new releases with rollbacks and the refreshed UI :)

Travel Arrow

May 26, 2024, 5:40:27 AMMay 26
to Chromium Extensions, Travel Arrow, Oliver Dunk
To help with impact numbers, our extension installs would increase roughly 20-25% with these two changes based on our research after hundreds of thousands of installers, so hopefully the team has some bandwidth to prioritize! I am happy to share how we got to these numbers as well.