chrome extension window with position: fixed; is always 25px X 25px!

Mark Tellez

May 25, 2023, 9:54:35 PM5/25/23
to Chromium Extensions
my body is height is 100vh and the width is 100%

No matter what css I do, the extension popup window is 25px by 25px when I load it in chrome...
Is there something I am missing??

my gratitude forever for an answer :D

Cuyler Stuwe

May 26, 2023, 12:35:28 AM5/26/23
to Mark Tellez, Chromium Extensions
vh and % are relative units.

What have you set the html element’s height and width to?

Jackie Han

May 26, 2023, 2:05:13 AM5/26/23
to Cuyler Stuwe, Mark Tellez, Chromium Extensions
A page in a browser window/tab has a fixed size, i.e. the browser window size.
But the popup page doesn't have a fixed size, it only has max size (800x600) and min size (25x25).
So you need to set a proper size explicitly on body or contents.