schema.json with mac plist format

Fahad Jameel

May 29, 2024, 5:28:42 PMMay 29
to Chromium Extensions
I am not able to map the schema.json file with my plist file. Ideally I'd like to have my plist file adhere to the schema.json file.

Below is what I have. I am not able to read the policy (I'm assuming its because the plist is incorrect).

What would be the correct plist hierarchy to map with the schema.json?

schema.json
{
"type": "object",
"properties": {
"tenant": {
"type": "string",
"description": "Tenant Name",
"title": "Tenant"
}
}
}

Mac plist:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>com.google.Chrome.extensions.ohlbcjfdhfghdfhgdfghla</key>
<dict>
<key>PPP</key>
<dict>
<key>state</key>
<string>always</string>
<key>value</key>
<dict>
<key>tenant</key>
<string>PRI</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I am following this article:

Thanks

Oliver Dunk

Jun 6, 2024, 9:23:11 AMJun 6
to Fahad Jameel, Chromium Extensions
Hi Fahad,

I might be wrong but I could imagine that only being needed in the example because of their schema.
Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB

Fahad Jameel

Jun 6, 2024, 9:34:20 AMJun 6
to Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk, Chromium Extensions, Fahad Jameel
Still doesn't work,  gives error when running the dscl command

Error:
Object is wrong type.  Expected: NSDictionary  Got: NSTaggedPointerString

plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>com.google.Chrome.extensions.ohlbcjeddflfhnlnaflfolmlmjbcnlla</key>
<dict>
<key>state</key>
<string>always</string>
<key>value</key>
<dict>
<key>tenant</key>
<string>PRI</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Fahad Jameel

Jun 7, 2024, 9:22:42 AMJun 7
to Chromium Extensions, Fahad Jameel, Oliver Dunk, Chromium Extensions
How would i update the schema.json to map to the original plist file?

Fahad Jameel

Jun 10, 2024, 10:07:57 AMJun 10
to Chromium Extensions, Fahad Jameel, Oliver Dunk, Chromium Extensions
Still stuck on this, anyone have any ideas? Thanks