Chrome PDF Viewer API or Documentation

glezalex

Jan 31, 2012, 4:24:47 AM1/31/12
to Chromium-extensions
Hi there!

I have been searching for some time about an issue my company is
having with a Chrome PDF Viewer use case and I'm missing some API or
documentation about the DOM properties the viewer exposes, about how
to customize the view (Adobe's plugin like) and all this stuff.

So is there an official page were exposed detailed information about
the PDF viewer plugin?

Mike West

Feb 7, 2012, 5:22:33 AM2/7/12
to glezalex, Chromium-extensions
The functionality available in the PDF viewer is (intentionally) fairly limited. It might be the case that the APIs you're having trouble finding simply don't exist. :)

Please do, however, file feature requests for those bits that are essential to your workflow: http://new.crbug.com/

-Mike

glezalex

Feb 15, 2012, 3:10:13 AM2/15/12
to Chromium-extensions
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info! I can imagine why the PDF viewer functionality is
limited. Anycase it's OK now, we can modify our workflow so it's not
an issue any more ;-).

On 7 feb, 11:22, Mike West <mk...@chromium.org> wrote:
> The functionality available in the PDF viewer is (intentionally) fairly
> limited. It might be the case that the APIs you're having trouble finding
> simply don't exist. :)
>
> Please do, however, file feature requests for those bits that are essential
> to your workflow:http://new.crbug.com/
>
> -Mike
>

> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:24 AM, glezalex <alim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi there!
>
> > I have been searching for some time about an issue my company is
> > having with a Chrome PDF Viewer use case and I'm missing some API or
> > documentation about the DOM properties the viewer exposes, about how
> > to customize the view (Adobe's plugin like) and all this stuff.
>
> > So is there an official page were exposed detailed information about
> > the PDF viewer plugin?

Michael hauser-r

Ben Wells

Apr 2, 2014, 7:58:44 PM4/2/14
to Michael hauser-r, Raymes Khoury, Chromium-extensions, glezalex
AFAIK there are no APIs exposed, which is why there is no information about it.

+raymes who knows more and can correct me if that is incorrect.

Raymes Khoury

Apr 2, 2014, 8:13:31 PM4/2/14
to Ben Wells, Michael hauser-r, Chromium-extensions, glezalex, John Abd-El-Malek, Lei Zhang
I believe that's correct. I don't believe we officially support a scripting API for external consumption.

Thanks,
Raymes

Lei Zhang

Apr 2, 2014, 8:17:32 PM4/2/14
to Raymes Khoury, Ben Wells, Michael hauser-r, Chromium-extensions, glezalex, John Abd-El-Malek

Fabio Gemesio

May 26, 2014, 11:22:10 AM5/26/14
to chromium-...@chromium.org
So there is no way I can interact with this pdf embed plugin, just to know the scrolling position in an extension i'm building?
thanks for any help

--
Fabio

Brook Hong

Jan 5, 2016, 4:53:11 AM1/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, badj...@gmail.com
Yes, it is also what I want.

And I found there is a function named handleScriptingMessage in chrome-extension://mhjfbmdgcfjbbpaeojofohoefgiehjai/pdf.js, but it only handles four messages 'getAccessibilityJSON'/'getSelectedText'/'print'/'selectAll'. It would be helpful if it handles sendKeyEvent too.

Wang Sheng

Dec 17, 2016, 10:39:42 AM12/17/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, badj...@gmail.com

I really hope one day there is such API exposed from pdf viewer.  it is amazing feature , will inspire many creative work.
在 2016年1月5日星期二 UTC+8下午5:53:11,Brook Hong写道: