Trying to make sense of Google Analytics for the Chrome Web Store listing.

Rahul Bansal

Aug 14, 2024, 1:47:15 AMAug 14
to Chromium Extensions
chome store analytics.png

I want to understand what are these ext_sidebar, ext_app_menu?
I want to see how my listing or extension is shown in these pages.
 Can anyone guide me on what these are?

Patrick Kettner

Aug 14, 2024, 11:48:25 AMAug 14
to Rahul Bansal, Chromium Extensions
kklHi Rahul!
There are a couple of threads about this recently

You can find these values in chromium source. You will find from over there that these are UTM values used for attribution sources for Chrome Web Store URLs.

ext_app_menu means a link was triggered from the sub-menu item in the extension menu inside the 3-dot menu in Chrome.
ext_sidebar means that a link was generated from the link in the sidebar in the chrome://extensions page.

best!
patrick