My extension got rejected due to "User Data Privacy"

Mariano M

Sep 22, 2021, 11:28:54 AM9/22/21
to Chromium Extensions
Hey guys, I tried publishing the version 1.0.1 of my extension and it got rejected saying i violate user data privacy. The extension does not obtain nor store any user data, so why is being rejected?

This is the extension:

Thanks in advance.

Mariano.

Cuyler Stuwe

Sep 22, 2021, 11:30:14 AM9/22/21
to Mariano M, Chromium Extensions
Nobody here can tell you.

Mariano M

Sep 22, 2021, 11:31:40 AM9/22/21
to Chromium Extensions, salem...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions, Mariano M
I see, do you know who should I talk to in order to see what's going on with the extension? Thanks.

Mukul Jain

Sep 22, 2021, 1:31:37 PM9/22/21
to Mariano M, Chromium Extensions, salem...@gmail.com
Hi Mariano,

Once mine was also rejected as Spam, later the team told me they were unable to install it as the zip was corrupted. I used the above link to reach out.

Simeon Vincent

Sep 23, 2021, 1:50:25 PM9/23/21
to Chromium Extensions, jainmu...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions, salem...@gmail.com, mariano....@gmail.com
Mariano, the link Mukul shared should also be in the rejection email you received. Do you have any suggestions on how we can make it more obvious?

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 9:01 PM Mariano M <mariano....@gmail.com> wrote:
I see, do you know who should I talk to in order to see what's going on with the extension? Thanks.

On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 12:30:14 PM UTC-3 salem...@gmail.com wrote:
Nobody here can tell you.