"No SW" Error

Scott Fortmann-Roe

May 16, 2024, 6:46:13 AMMay 16
to Chromium Extensions
As we roll out our MV3 version, we have started to occasionally see a "No SW" message in our error logs.

This message string doesn't appear to be coming from our extension, but instead from Chrome here:

We're wondering what it means and how to go about addressing it.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Scott

Oliver Dunk

May 16, 2024, 6:49:34 AMMay 16
to Scott Fortmann-Roe, Chromium Extensions
Hi Scott,

This seems like a Chrome bug and something that you shouldn't need to handle in your extension.

Do you have any steps to reproduce or have you noticed any common factors in the situations where you encounter these logs?

Please feel free to open an issue at https://crbug.com/ - in the meantime, I'll chat to the team and see if they have any advice on how to debug this.
Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB

Scott Fortmann-Roe

May 17, 2024, 8:34:18 AMMay 17
to Oliver Dunk, Chromium Extensions
Thank you Oliver.

Oliver Dunk

May 17, 2024, 10:32:35 AMMay 17
to Scott Fortmann-Roe, Chromium Extensions
Thanks Scott!

I left a reply on the bug.

I'd also be curious if you're seeing any reduction for this in Chrome 126, assuming you have logs by version.

Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB