Extension rejected with Violation ID Red Potassium

Olayiwola Ogunlaja

Mar 7, 2022, 7:06:47 AM3/7/22
to Chromium Extensions
Hi, my first extension got rejected when I tried to publish it.
Here are the details for the rejection:
  • Violation reference ID: Red Potassium
  • Violation: The metadata provided is irrelevant to the observed functionality.
    • Icon& Screenshot
  • How to rectify: Add accurate and relevant metadata that describes or is related to the item's actual functionality.
Please, how do I rectify this issue ?

Cuyler Stuwe

Mar 7, 2022, 9:16:04 AM3/7/22
to Olayiwola Ogunlaja, Chromium Extensions
According to what you shared:

Add accurate and relevant metadata that describes or is related to the item's actual functionality.”

Olayiwola Ogunlaja

Mar 7, 2022, 9:31:57 AM3/7/22
to Cuyler Stuwe, Chromium Extensions
Thanks! Im new to all of this. What does chrome mean by metadata ? Also , can it be the ( Icon & screenshot ) that was in the message from chrome  ?
--
Olayiwola Ogunlaja

PhistucK

Mar 7, 2022, 10:41:46 AM3/7/22
to Olayiwola Ogunlaja, Cuyler Stuwe, Chromium Extensions
Yes, icon and screenshots as mentioned.

PhistucK

LePoulpe

Apr 5, 2022, 2:18:34 AM4/5/22
to Chromium Extensions, logun...@gmail.com
I found that the best way to quickly solve a "Red potassium" is to provide a video of the functionality of your extension and explain why your icon and metadata match.

Olayiwola Ogunlaja

Apr 5, 2022, 2:50:55 PM4/5/22
to LePoulpe, Chromium Extensions
Thanks, i've resolved the issue.
--
Olayiwola Ogunlaja

Victor Tran

Sep 29, 2022, 11:25:14 AM9/29/22
to Chromium Extensions, logun...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions, LePoulpe
Hey guys,

I am also flagged with the red potassium violation for a stable extension in the market and recently got in touch with the support team through their chromewebstor...@google.com email. I was wondering when you've provided a video, did you just sent it to the email or was there a way you need to do that when you are submitting another draft for review? The Google support team is not too responsive right now, so I cannot tell whether I am doing it properly. Thanks!

Victor

Amy Dev

Sep 29, 2022, 5:49:22 PM9/29/22
to Chromium Extensions, victo...@staffbase.com, Chromium Extensions
Hey Victor 👋,

I would recommend reaching out using the One Stop form and including a link to your video displaying the functionality.

Here's a doc that explains how the CWS review process works. It's a long read, but worth getting familiar with the process.

Amy

Victor Tran

Sep 29, 2022, 7:46:36 PM9/29/22
to Amy Dev, Chromium Extensions
Hello Amy,

Thanks a lot for responding back!

I've actually submitted a few of the One Stop forms (they cancelled one of them because of duplicate requests) with detailed steps and a video displaying the functionality to convince the Google team that the red potassium violation is a mistake on their end - so thanks for re-affirming that I have completed this step properly. The goal is to clear the violation from our extension before I even submit another draft for review. But because of their long delays to respond back to me (~3 days now), I am getting nervous I won't be able to clear the violation before the deadline before they remove the extension from the web store. Do you remember how quick it was for you to get confirmation that the video submission was valid enough to clear the violation?

Regards,

Victor

Amy Dev

Oct 3, 2022, 11:30:25 AM10/3/22
to Chromium Extensions, victo...@staffbase.com, Chromium Extensions, Amy Dev
Victor, I would also examine your screenshots and item description, because it sounds like red potassium has more to do with your store listing than the item's functionality. Here's more information on how to troubleshoot red potassium notifications.

Victor Tran

Oct 3, 2022, 3:24:14 PM10/3/22
to Amy Dev, Chromium Extensions
Hello Amy,

Thanks for the help and you are correct that Google was looking to just update some inconsistencies with the store listing in the Chrome Web store!

We actually managed to clear the red potassium a few days ago when we've just taken the risk and submitted another draft for review by adjusting the description of the extension in the store listing. So it looks like everything is fine for now.

Regards,

Staffbase GmbH

https://www.facebook.com/AllEmployeesOneApp/  https://twitter.com/staffbasehq?lang=de  Linkedin Staffbase

  Victor Tran (He/Him)

   Software Developer II

Calgary, AB, Canada

I humbly acknowledge that the land on which I work is the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprising the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), as well as the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Îyâxe Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations). The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3. The traditional Blackfoot name of this place is “Moh’kins’tsis”, which is now called the City of Calgary. Learn more about the Indigenous Nations and territories you live on at
https://native-land.ca