Chrome Extension Side Panel Permissions

Elroy Chua

Jun 26, 2024, 11:35:37 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to Chromium Extensions
Hi all, so I am trying to create a chrome extension side panel that takes screenshots of whatever tab a user is in.

I have declared the permissions and web_accessible_resources necessary and it works with the regular popup.html, but when doing it with the side panel, permission errors occur:
service-worker.js:34 {message: 'Cannot access contents of url "https://www.google.…fest must request permission to access this host.'}message: "Cannot access contents of url \"https://www.google.com/\".

May I know how to invoke permissions specific to the side panel? Thank u all!