Replying to user reviews

fixanoid

Apr 18, 2024, 3:24:03 PMApr 18
to Chromium Extensions
Hi!

I can't seem to find the answer to my question easily, so thought I'd ask here:
When a developer replies to a users review on the extension, does the user get notified / sees the reply at all? And if so, is it via email or something else?

Thank you!

hrg...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2024, 11:36:06 PMApr 18
to Chromium Extensions, fixanoid
No, there's no notification. The user has to come back to the CWS, then specifically look for his review in order to see if there's a reply.

fixanoid

Apr 19, 2024, 10:44:55 AMApr 19
to Chromium Extensions, hrg...@gmail.com, fixanoid, patrick...@google.com
That seems like a pretty large oversight: most of the reviews I've had on the extensions are a type of a bug report and once addressed the users don't know its been fixed, I've assumed that replying to the review as a developer would imply the users are notified, but having tested it now, that is not happening.

Is this something we can petition the dev team to add or enable? Whats the point of the reviews / feedback if the originator isn't aware of developers responses...