Is there a way to change the default chrome extension popup?

mha

Apr 2, 2021, 10:03:34 PM4/2/21
to Chromium Extensions
I am trying to develop a chrome extension, and I want to know if there is a way to change the position of a chrome extension popup and whether I can make it a sticky element that persists (even after the changes focus). For example, an extension named Equatio, shows a sticky-like popup that remains at the bottoms of a user screen when its icon is clicked. I want to be able to do that, also, I am using Manifest Version 3 (if that helps).

PhistucK

Apr 3, 2021, 9:04:05 AM4/3/21
to mha, Chromium Extensions
From what I can tell, that extension injects its content to the website/tab itself, as DOM elements.
You cannot control the position of the extension popup (that appears when you click on the toolbar button or perhaps using a keyboard shortcut), or make it still visible after it loses its focus.

PhistucK