Our extension turned into an app. Unable to see option "Add to Chrome"

Info E-StartupIndia

Jun 14, 2021, 7:49:44 AM6/14/21
to Chromium Extensions, su...@e-startupindia.co
Hi

I have uploaded the extension however it is displaying as app and users unable to download it. How to fix it?
Check url
Id bglocgdhbelkdbjimopoihgjagdppddm
229E7C22-2BB7-40B9-AE71-34D4CE3BCAE9.png
Message has been deleted

Simeon Vincent

Jun 15, 2021, 7:54:16 PM6/15/21
to Chromium Extensions, Info E-StartupIndia, su...@e-startupindia.co
It appears that you've created a hosted app, not an extension. You even refer to it as an app in your item description.

In order to convert this item to an extension, you will need to remove the "app" property from the manifest. Please note, though, that this item does not currently provide any extension functionality, so I would not expect it to pass review if all you do is remove the app definition from your manifest.

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel

E-StartupIndia.com

Jun 15, 2021, 9:51:07 PM6/15/21
to Simeon Vincent, Chromium Extensions, Sunil Negi
Thank you for your response.

Our is to develop chrome app for Mac, windows and Linux.

App is published as unlisted.

However, user unable to find the download button. (Refer previous screen shot)

Please advise, what went wrong from our side which need to be fix.

Simeon Vincent

Jun 16, 2021, 6:48:11 PM6/16/21
to E-StartupIndia.com, Chromium Extensions, Sunil Negi
I'm not totally sure, but I suspect that you cannot install bglocgdhbelkdbjimopoihgjagdppddm because Chrome apps are not supported on any platform except Chrome OS.

It appears that at the end of the day the product you're offering is a web site. Rather than building a Chrome App or Extension, you may consider making your website an installable progressive web app. For more information, please see the What does it take to be installable? article on web.dev or the How to make PWAs installable article on MDN.

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel