Chrome DevTools Protocol for production

frank zocca

Sep 11, 2021, 10:08:18 AM9/11/21
to Chromium Extensions
Hello everyone!
I am developing an extension that needs to access the position of the mouse, move it, enter data with the keyboard, create screenshots and change the ulr of the tab. The purpose of the extension is for the collection of information automatically through scraping that follow modular workflows set by the user himself, the extension does nothing but what the user decides to automate. The source of inspiration was the library puppeter, which uses the Chrome DevTools Protocol under the woods. My question is if there is any incompatibility with google's policies to use the Chrome DevTools Protocol so the API debugger not for testing but in the same final product for users in production. Thanks for collaboration

wOxxOm

Sep 12, 2021, 1:58:13 AM9/12/21
to Chromium Extensions, frank...@gmail.com
The chrome.debugger API (and the underlying protocol) is used by many extensions in the web store so there should be no "incompatibility".