Rejected for featured badge because in app payment?

MyTask

Apr 16, 2024, 7:13:23 AMApr 16
to Chromium Extensions
Hey there,

Our app was rejected due to it not being able to be reviewed  because it offers functionality such as required in-app payments that we aren’t able to test but all our functionality is free of charge as users are automatically granted a 7 day free-trial.. Is there anything I can do about this? This is really annoying because a competitor of ours has the featured badge despite having a similar system in place.

Here is the ID if anyone is able to help: ID: enhihhigandhefaekneckmndkipcolmp

Thanks

Oliver Dunk

Apr 16, 2024, 7:22:13 AMApr 16
to MyTask, Chromium Extensions
Hi,

I've reached out to the team and shared your open case and I'll let you know when I hear back.

Thanks,
Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB

MyTask

Apr 16, 2024, 10:24:15 AMApr 16
to Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk, Chromium Extensions, MyTask
Hey there Oliver,

I greatly appreciate your support in this matter! Thank you so much

Patrick Kettner

Apr 17, 2024, 11:40:23 AMApr 17
to MyTask, Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk
Hey there!
I went to try out the signup flow, and am actually not able to sign up currently. When I attempt to, I am getting an oauth error in the console - "Unchecked runtime.lastError: OAuth2 request failed: Service responded with error: 'Service has been disabled for this account.'". I don't know for sure, but it may be a similar issue for the review team?

patrick

MyTask

Apr 17, 2024, 1:12:26 PMApr 17
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk, MyTask
Hey there, this issue is being investigated. Meanwhile, does anybody know what could be causing this error? Our signin seems to be working perfectly fine for certain gmail accounts, but failing for others.. Let me know if anyone has encountered any similar problems..

Thanks so much

MyTask

Apr 19, 2024, 8:02:56 PMApr 19
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk, MyTask
Hey there Patrick,

We just updated the chrome extension with what we believed was causing the described problem, whenever you or anyone else is free, feel free to give it a try and let us know if the problem still persists

Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter!

MyTask

Apr 22, 2024, 1:54:10 PMApr 22
to Chromium Extensions, MyTask, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk
Hey Oliver,

Could we get an update on the opened case?

Many Thanks,
MyTask

Patrick Kettner

May 24, 2024, 6:20:44 PMMay 24
to MyTask, Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk
Hey MyTask!
Just wanted to confirm that I was able to get the trial working. The review team has been notified and they will update once they have made a decision.

patrick

MyTask

May 24, 2024, 6:22:29 PMMay 24
to Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk
That's Awesome! Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it :)