Faster reviews for Manifest V3?

Kent Brewster

Aug 23, 2021, 1:22:49 PM8/23/21
to Chromium Extensions
Just noticed this at the top of the Chrome web store:

"Enjoy speedier reviews and new APIs and functionality by migrating to Manifest V3."

How does this work? Are Manifest V3 extensions actually easier to review? The cynic in me is saying "naaah, they started padding review times for V2 a year ago in December by at least 48 hours, so they won't actually have to do anything."

--Kent

Deco

Aug 23, 2021, 1:24:25 PM8/23/21
to Kent Brewster, Chromium Extensions
Probably not, it's just likely those in the review queue are given priority over Manifest version 2.

Thanks,
Deco

Message has been deleted

Bennet zhang

Sep 22, 2021, 4:49:22 AM9/22/21
to Chromium Extensions, decklin...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions
Thanks for your answer.
So,  will publishment be slower if we don't upgrade to V3 ?

Deco

Sep 22, 2021, 4:51:17 AM9/22/21
to Bennet zhang, Chromium Extensions
Honestly I have no idea as I switched over to Manifest version 3 a while ago, I can only hazard a guess that review times will be slower for 2 than 3.

Thanks,
Deco

Bennet zhang

Sep 22, 2021, 5:50:46 AM9/22/21