Extension rejected and now in pending review state for more than 1 week now, please help.

Dev

Apr 3, 2021, 3:05:45 AM4/3/21
to Chromium Extensions
Hi Team,

My extension is there in the store from long almost 1year and it used to get approved every time just in 1-2hrs or max 1day.
But this time it has taken more than a week now.
First it got rejected saying that

Use of Permissions:

  • Violation reference ID: Purple Potassium
  • Violation: Requesting but not using the following permission(s):
    • activeTab
activeTab permission is required for my extension and I have given the justification for it. This permission was there from the beginning. I have not changed any permission in this release.
Now I have submitted extension again with more justification but still it is under review from last 5days.

Why activeTab permission is required.
This permission is required to generate the all types of Selectors like XPath from the current open tab. It is also required to get the access of currently opened tab's DOM to verify XPath and cssSelectors. So basically extension need the opened tab access.

Extension id- ndgimibanhlabgdgjcpbbndiehljcpfh

Dev

Apr 3, 2021, 3:19:49 AM4/3/21
to Chromium Extensions, Dev
Humble request to chrome extension team, please help me on this. My community is eagerly waiting for this release.
This release doesn't ask for any new permission, it is using existing permissions only.

PhistucK

Apr 3, 2021, 9:06:33 AM4/3/21
to Dev, Chromium Extensions
Without seeing the manifest, it is hard to help, but if you have a content script specified there that applies to all of the URLs or something similar, you can remove the activeTab permission.

PhistucK

Dev

Apr 3, 2021, 12:58:00 PM4/3/21
to Chromium Extensions, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Dev
Thank you so much Phistuck, yes all urls permission for contentScript.
I will remove the activeTab permission and resubmit it. But I would be able to submit only when this pending review status change :(
Could you please help me to get this status as rejected so i can resubmit the final version with the changes. Appreciate your help.

"permissions": [
        "activeTab",
        "notifications",
        "storage",
        "http://*/",
        "https://*/",
        "*://*/*",
        "file://*/*",
        "contextMenus",
        "clipboardWrite"
    ],

    "content_scripts": [
        {
            "run_at": "document_start",
            "matches": ["<all_urls>"],

PhistucK

Apr 3, 2021, 2:12:01 PM4/3/21
to Dev, Simeon Vincent, Chromium Extensions
I am not working for Google/part of the webstore team, so I am powerless here. @Simeon Vincent - can you cancel the submission/reject it yourself?

PhistucK

Dev

Apr 3, 2021, 3:24:38 PM4/3/21
to Chromium Extensions, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Dev, Simeon Vincent
Thank you PhistucK for your kind response, sure.
We can't cancel/reject submission once it is in pending review state.

Request to @Simeon Vincent and team, please reject my submission so that I can submit the new version with the fix.

Appreciate your support.

Dev

Apr 4, 2021, 2:36:43 AM4/4/21
to Chromium Extensions, Dev, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Simeon Vincent
Extension got approved.
Thank you PhistucK for kind support and thanks you chrome team.
Really appreciate it.

Simeon Vincent

Apr 14, 2021, 1:28:57 PM4/14/21
to Dev, Chromium Extensions, PhistucK
Apologies for the delay, I only just saw this thread. For future reference, I cannot help with canceling/rejecting submissions.

For what it's worth, submission cancellation is a common request and feature the CWS team is hoping to tackle this year.

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel

customer success

May 18, 2021, 12:49:17 AM5/18/21
to Chromium Extensions, Dev, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Simeon Vincent
Dev, could you please share what you did to get the extension out of the pending review state to resubmit the chrome extension?

Thank you.

Simeon Vincent

May 18, 2021, 12:00:57 PM5/18/21
to customer success, Chromium Extensions, Dev, PhistucK
The item simply worked its way through the review process. It can take up to 3 weeks for review to complete. If your item has been pending for longer than that, please contact developer support

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel

customer success

May 19, 2021, 12:58:46 AM5/19/21
to Chromium Extensions, Simeon Vincent, Chromium Extensions, Dev, PhistucK, customer success
Good to know, thanks!