How to test if migration to v3 was successful?

JShinigami

May 16, 2024, 3:48:10 AMMay 16
to Chromium Extensions
I did all required changes for v3 and uploaded the extension.

Nevertheless I received an email from Google telling me that I still have manifest v2 extensions.

How can I find out what is missing?

How can I test if the migration to v3 was successful?

Chrome / DevTools do not show any errors / info what is missing or wrong.

Oliver Dunk

May 16, 2024, 4:37:10 AMMay 16
to JShinigami, Chromium Extensions
Hi,

Looking at the two published extensions under your email, I can see that they are both on Manifest V3.

We did send the email to a slightly wider group than intended, so it sounds likely it was a mistake - sorry about that.

Great work on migrating :)
Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB

Message has been deleted

Oliver Dunk

May 17, 2024, 11:33:48 AMMay 17
to Sarthak Singhal, Chromium Extensions, JShinigami
There isn't currently a way to test the post MV2 deprecation behavior I'm afraid.

If the `manifest_version` key in your manifest.json is set to 3, and your extension functions as expected, you're good :)
Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB

On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 8:45 PM Sarthak Singhal <sarthak...@whatfix.com> wrote:
Similar doubt, is there a way to verify if the migration to MV3 was done successfully by testing it in a sandbox browser environment where MV3 will be enforced?  Before submitting it on Chrome Store.

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  The opinion expressed in this mail is that of the sender and do not necessarily reflect that of Whatfix Private limited and its affiliates & subsidiaries. Thank you for your co-operation.

JShinigami

May 17, 2024, 1:15:34 PMMay 17
to Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk, Chromium Extensions, JShinigami
Hi Oliver,

Thank you for the swift reply and the check of my extensions :)

I received the email on December 4, 2023, and have not received any other emails since. Looks good, I guess.

JShinigami

Sarthak Singhal

May 17, 2024, 1:15:38 PMMay 17