Blog: 7 important Manifest V3 development questions that Google Chrome did not answer you

Stefan Van Damme

Jan 9, 2023, 2:41:43 AM1/9/23
to Chromium Extensions
Hey everyone,

My new developer article is now online about the 7 important Manifest V3 development questions that Google Chrome did not answer you.
1. Can I use Manifest V3 for my Chrome theme now?
2. Can I upgrade from Manifest V3 back to Manifest V2, if my previous extension was before Manifest V2?
3. Can I upgrade my Chrome theme Manifest V2 to a Chrome extension Chrome theme Manifest V3?
4. Can I extend the life of the Manifest V2 Chrome extension with the Chrome policy?
5. Can I create a new Chrome extension Manifest V3 and then publish a Chrome extension Manifest V2?
6. What is the Chrome Web Store review time? Is it less now with Manifest V3?
7. What is next for the next Manifest V4?

ITIS Examity

Jan 9, 2023, 12:22:12 PM1/9/23
to Chromium Extensions, stefa...@gmail.com
This is much appreciated Stefan. Thank you.

Stefan Van Damme

Jan 9, 2023, 5:46:58 PM1/9/23
to Chromium Extensions, ITIS Examity
Hi @ITIS Examity,