Retroactivity of Domain Publishing setting.

Carlos Hernández Santos

Jul 26, 2024, 10:14:43 AM (21 hours ago) Jul 26
to Chromium Extensions
Hi all,

I would like to publish an extension for my domain, but I want to prevent anyone else from doing so afterward. My question is: if I enable the domain publishing setting to publish my extension and then disable it again, will my already published extension be taken down? If that's the case, I assume I would need to leave it enabled and control which extensions can be installed instead of which ones can be published. I would appreciate any insights you can provide on this subject.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick Kettner

Jul 26, 2024, 10:51:38 AM (21 hours ago) Jul 26
to Carlos Hernández Santos, Chromium Extensions
Hello Carlos
I am not sure I understand your goal. If you publish an extension on your developer account, only you can push an update to it. You want to prevent yourself from publishing a change?

Carlos Hernández Santos

Jul 26, 2024, 11:46:37 AM (20 hours ago) Jul 26
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Carlos Hernández Santos
Hi Patrick,
Thanks for the reply. I apologize for any confusion in my previous message. I want to publish the extension for my organization, but in order to do that, I need to enable domain publishing for the organization. However, once this setting is enabled, anyone within the organization would be able to publish in the organization's private web store, which I would not want to allow.
My question is: once my extension is published in the organization's private web store, will disabling the domain publishing setting act retroactively and remove the published extensions, or will it only prevent new ones from being published?
I hope this clarifies my query. Thanks again!

Patrick Kettner

Jul 26, 2024, 12:07:55 PM (20 hours ago) Jul 26
to Carlos Hernández Santos, Chromium Extensions
Ah, of course. I apologize for my misunderstanding.
As a domain admin, you have the ability to disallow your users from publishing private extensions to your domain, and you can also enable only for specific individual accounts. You can turn it off completely, if you wanted (there isn't really any benefit to doing so),and it will not affect installed extensions.

Carlos Hernández Santos

3:43 AM (4 hours ago) 3:43 AM
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Carlos Hernández Santos
That was exactly my doubt, now solved. Thanks a lot, have a nice weekend ;)