Chrome extension requiring "https://*/*"

Faycal Guemara

Jun 17, 2021, 12:46:35 PM6/17/21
to Chromium Extensions
Hi Everyone,

We are about to publish a chrome extension with the following permissions:

    "optional_permissions": [
        "webNavigation",
        "tabs",
        "http://*/*",
        "https://*/*",
        "webRequest",
        "webRequestBlocking"
    ],

The reason why we need the "http://*/*" and "https://*/*" is that our extension needs to perform some operations (automations) on websites belonging to our user partners. We do not know all these websites in advance.

Knowing that (a) our extension is restricted to the users of our web application, so the use will be very limited and (b) we have a tight deadline to deliver, what would you advise us to do :

1/ Request the review of the extension as is and take the risk of a longer review

2/ Try to find out the websites to needed by our users. Which will be a tedious work, and will probably require updates ?

Are you in measure of estimating the approval period for both scenarios ?

Many thanks for your help !!

Regards,
Faycal Guemara

Masoud Shokohi