My street mailing address publicly displayed on Chrome Store ?!?

Randall Oelerich

Nov 29, 2021, 7:05:44 AM11/29/21
to Chromium Extensions
I just submitted my first Chrome extension yesterday and was forced to provide my street mailing address-- which shows up publicly on the Chrome Store with my extension. Is this normal, is this absolutely required, is there any way NOT to have my home address displayed? It concerns me a little, that the world will see my home address. Or do I just let go of this concern?  It seems a bit dangerous to give up one's private home address just to have an app on the Chrome Store-- for businesses that have offices in buildings okay that is no big deal, but our home addresses where nut jobs might show up at our door?

John Ahlander

Nov 29, 2021, 2:24:26 PM11/29/21
to Chromium Extensions, oelerich...@gmail.com
We had this same issue.  After we saved the address, you can go back in and edit it.  It can't be blank, but we changed the address to "address_redacted" and that saved.

Simeon Vincent

Nov 29, 2021, 8:09:06 PM11/29/21
to Chromium Extensions, jo...@alphamountain.ai, oelerich...@gmail.com
Unfortunately the current UI is rather confusing. Developers are only required to provide an address "if you offer paid items or in-app purchase items for sale", otherwise the address fields can be left blank (yes, even the fields marked with an asterisk). If you've already provided an address, I believe that you can manually blank out each address field and save your updated account settings.

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel