Badging Extensions

Chandrasekhar Dwivedi

Feb 2, 2023, 8:43:35 AM2/2/23
to Chromium Extensions
Hi Everyone,

I need some help with the criteria around extensions and developers being badged in Chrome and Edge store.
For example, in the following screenshot, I see one badge for the publisher and one that says "featured".

image.png

I went through the recommended best practices for these two badges being granted.

What I am trying to understand is, not all extensions that satisfy the criteria mentioned are badged as per my understanding. So is there someone who can explain if there are some other criteria that are in place to accept or reject an extension to be badged?

--
Thanks and Regards
Chandrasekhar Dwivedi

Oliver Dunk

Feb 2, 2023, 8:54:17 AM2/2/23
to Chandrasekhar Dwivedi, Chromium Extensions
Hi Chandrasekhar,

I think the most important thing to note here is that there's some level of manual review, and factors like violations can be taken in to account which aren't always visible on the web store.

With that in mind, it's hard to say why any given extension doesn't have a badge. You're welcome to nominate your own extension if you think it's incorrectly missing though: https://developer.chrome.com/docs/webstore/discovery/#publisher-badge

I hope that helps :)
Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB

Chandrasekhar Dwivedi

Feb 2, 2023, 9:10:47 AM2/2/23