Toggling back individual MV2 extension

Dror Elovits

May 21, 2024, 5:06:01 AMMay 21
to Chromium Extensions
Hello,
We use our extension on a self hosted Selenium grid. Will it be possible, if needed, to automatically (maybe via chrome CLI flags) toggle back on our extension case we'll need additional time after the coming July deprecation?

wOxxOm

May 21, 2024, 7:06:15 AMMay 21
to Chromium Extensions, Dror Elovits

hrg...@gmail.com

May 22, 2024, 1:05:01 PMMay 22
to Chromium Extensions, wOxxOm, Dror Elovits
Also keep in mind that each Chromium-based browser is different when it comes to policies.
For example:
In Chrome, the registry path is Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\
In Edge, the path is Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge\
In Brave: Software\Policies\BraveSoftware\Brave\
In Vivaldi: Software\Policies\Vivaldi\
Yandex: Software\Policies\YandexBrowser\
Chromium: Software\Policies\Chromium\

The list will be very long if you want to do this for all Chromium-based browsers.

woxxom

May 22, 2024, 6:41:51 PMMay 22
to Chromium Extensions, hrg...@gmail.com, wOxxOm, Dror Elovits
Judging by the source code you can also set it in the preferences.

In Selenium it should be possible to set it to {"extensions":{"manifest_v2":2}} as shown in https://stackoverflow.com/a/58611626