Partial roll-out gone?

Jordi Salvat i Alabart

Apr 18, 2024, 9:00:09 AMApr 18
to Chromium Extensions
Hi.

I no longer see the partial rollout % field in the Dashboard.

Has this feature been removed?

Our extension is is ocpljaamllnldhepankaeljmeeeghnid -- it has 90.000 users according to Chrome store, so it should not be because of the 10K user threshold.

Thanks,

Jordi

Oliver Dunk

Apr 18, 2024, 9:03:48 AMApr 18
to Jordi Salvat i Alabart, Chromium Extensions
Hi Jordi,

It's definitely still available!

An easy thing to miss is that it only shows once a new draft has been uploaded - is it possible you are looking at a published version that is already rolled out to 100% of users?
Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB

Jordi Salvat i Alabart

Apr 18, 2024, 10:46:33 AMApr 18
to Oliver Dunk, Chromium Extensions
Yes, that's possible. Thanks.

So the API `publish` call now ignores the previous initial percentage and publishes to 100%?

Salut,

Jordi

Oliver Dunk

Apr 19, 2024, 5:35:19 AMApr 19
to Jordi Salvat i Alabart, Chromium Extensions
Have you noticed a specific behavior change? I'm not aware of any, but happy to ask the team if so.
Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB

Jordi Salvat i Alabart

Apr 19, 2024, 11:00:05 AMApr 19
to Oliver Dunk, Chromium Extensions
I'm not sure... I was expecting the API publication to use the % rate set in the UI, but I can't tell for sure this had happened in the past. Maybe we were just uploading and then publishing via UI (which is what we'll do in the future).

Salut,

Jordi

Oliver Dunk

Apr 29, 2024, 7:16:37 AMApr 29
to Jordi Salvat i Alabart, Chromium Extensions
Hi Jordi,

I'm actually not sure off the top of my head what happens there.

I did speak to the team and they mentioned a deployPercentage field which was missing from our documentation, that has now been added: https://developer.chrome.com/docs/webstore/api#publish

If you get a chance to try that I'd love to hear how it goes.

Thanks,

Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB

Jordi Salvat i Alabart

Apr 29, 2024, 7:18:25 AMApr 29
to Oliver Dunk, Chromium Extensions
Awesome. Thanks!

Salut,

Jordi

Froi Mercade

3:49 PM (3 hours ago) 3:49 PM
to Chromium Extensions, Jordi Salvat i Alabart, Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk
Hi all,

Same here, we uploaded the package but there was no % field in the UI. We really need the rollout feature, as we want to avoid past problems we had.

Thanks for your help.

Froi Mercade

4:00 PM (2 hours ago) 4:00 PM
to Chromium Extensions, Froi Mercade, Jordi Salvat i Alabart, Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk

Please find attached the package section. As you can see, no rollout field.

Many thanks.
Captura de pantalla 2024-07-08 a las 21.56.17.png

Froi Mercade

4:05 PM (2 hours ago) 4:05 PM
to Chromium Extensions, Froi Mercade, Jordi Salvat i Alabart, Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk
Hi Oliver,

Please can you helps us with this issue? We had the release all ready scheduled, but the rollout field is not available. We are almost 300k user per week.

Thanks.