Is ExtensionInstallForcelist automatically ignoring extensions that are not in CWS.

Mindaugas Simukaitis

May 15, 2022, 7:58:02 AM5/15/22
to Chromium Extensions
For simplicity, let's say I have a registry value zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz in SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallForcelist, now let's say that that extension was reported and taken down by Google, but It was installed on my device before. Does chrome automatically disable/remove the reported extension for me?  I assume the registry value that points to an extension that was taken down means nothing and won't make chrome download the malicious extension again, but do I have to disable/remove the malicious extension myself? Will chrome even realize that I have a malicious extension if I don't provide the update URL that points to the update manifest after the 32 letter key? (https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/2811969?hl=en)

I've looked at this (https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/2811969?hl=en). This only talks about how some extensions might be disabled, but not when and how, and doesn't even show how it would look in the browser.

Boring backstory: I have a few computers with many extensions installed by using the ExtensionInstallForcelist registry key, now, I don't want to check online if all my extensions are not malicious before using chrome, does chrome do that for me automatically?

koko nart

May 15, 2022, 4:17:45 PM5/15/22
to Mindaugas Simukaitis, Chromium Extensions
សែងឃ្យូ

នៅ​ថ្ងៃទី អាទិត្យ 15 ឧសភា 2022, 18:58 Mindaugas Simukaitis <mindaugas...@gmail.com> បាន​សរសេរ​ថា៖