How to create a browser extension with manifest version 3 using vue3?

Swapnil Jagtap

Jun 17, 2021, 4:28:07 AM6/17/21
to Chromium Extensions
I created a chrome extension using vue-cli-plugin-broswser-extension package. I wanted to know if there exists another package similar to it or any other way to implement it. Currently I am able to create a chrome extension easily with manifest version 2 using it. But when manually switching to version 3, the service worker is not being registered.

Cuyler Stuwe

Jun 18, 2021, 5:13:02 PM6/18/21
to Swapnil Jagtap, Chromium Extensions
Don't mean to seem too snarky with this, but I don't really know how else to put it:

it's better if you just build a fundamental understanding of the underlying technologies (Extensions API, Vue, Webpack, etc.) and then build your own template from that understanding.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 2:28 AM Swapnil Jagtap <sja...@deqode.com> wrote:
I created a chrome extension using vue-cli-plugin-broswser-extension package. I wanted to know if there exists another package similar to it or any other way to implement it. Currently I am able to create a chrome extension easily with manifest version 2 using it. But when manually switching to version 3, the service worker is not being registered.

Swapnil Jagtap

Jun 21, 2021, 7:07:20 AM6/21/21
to Chromium Extensions, salem...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions, Swapnil Jagtap
Yeah Thanks @salem,
I actually figured out to update the manifest version, though there are few things which are not very clear in the official docs.
I am not able to inject a content script on the web pages, though it was working with mv2. Do you guys have anything on that?