Update the iframe without re-rendering the entire page.

Ruturaj Kanake

Oct 11, 2021, 12:56:19 PM10/11/21
to Chromium Extensions
Is there any way to stop the page execution just after the page is refreshed or URL is changed and also get the URL where the user wants to go?

Currently, what I am doing is using the chrome.tabs.onUpdated API to get the changed URL, and then I am calling chrome.tabs.update API. But this seems to update the entire page and not just the iframe.

I want to achieve that whenever a refresh call or URL is changed in the URL bar, I only want to update the iframe element and not the entire page.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

PhistucK

Oct 11, 2021, 2:20:48 PM10/11/21
to Ruturaj Kanake, Chromium Extensions
I suggest adding beforeunload and showing a message to the user (in the background, or maybe as a desktop notification) -
"Use the designated refresh button rather than the browser one."
(And of course to add a designated refresh button ;))

PhistucK