Installs by OS seems odd...

. Kali

May 23, 2024, 11:10:35 AMMay 23
to Chromium Extensions
Hey there,
I was checking out my stats and the installs seemed really weird. It was not this way before and the Weekly Users by OS looks they way it should. Is there some fuzziness on what is considered "other" for OS? I'm concerned about bad actors....

My stats
Windows: 20% installs, 61% weekly users
Mac: 15% installs, 36% weekly users
ChromeOS:; 11% installs, too tiny to measure weekly users
Other: 55% installs, too tiny to measure weekly users

Thank you!

Zach Warneke

May 23, 2024, 1:22:46 PMMay 23
to Chromium Extensions, . Kali
Hi! We only show the top 3 OS values on that chart and group the rest into "other". You can see what specific OS values make up the "other" group if you click "export to CSV". It's possible that the "other" group is mostly made up of installs where the OS wasn't known at install time, though.

Zach

. Kali

May 23, 2024, 2:12:49 PMMay 23
to Zach Warneke, Chromium Extensions
The CSV only shows "other" too, nothing more detailed. But thanks, I'll try not to worry about it I guess :)
-k