Radio extension not approved

אולה יאסינובי

Jan 17, 2021, 10:41:56 AMJan 17
to Chromium Extensions
Hi all

Will write our story and hope someone can help
We developed a radio stream extension for our 8 radio stations
We do not handle or use in it any user information and we use our own host permission web site also tried to change the pictures and added the privacy policy

For now it is not confirmed as the privacy policy is missing some information which we will add in the meantime and adding to the privacy policy can take some time I want to understand what can help us to be approved

If I will remove the permission host I will not need a privacy policy ? what can I do that my extension will not need a privacy policy until it will be ready?

Please help

Thanks
Ola

Thanks
Ola

אולה יאסינובי

Jan 17, 2021, 10:43:21 AMJan 17
to Chromium Extensions, אולה יאסינובי
MANIFEST

{
  "name": "כאן",
  "version": "1.0",
  "description": "Listen in background to Kan channels",
  "manifest_version": 2,
  "browser_action": {

    "default_title": "כאן - תחנות רדיו בישדור חי",
    "default_popup": "index.html"
  },
  "background": {
    "scripts": ["analytics.js", "jquery-3.5.1.min.js", "background.js"]
  },
  "permissions": [
    "https://*.kan.org.il/",
    "alarms"
  ],

  "icons": {
    "16": "icons/main/16.png",
    "48": "icons/main/48.png",
    "128": "icons/main/128.png"
  }

}

ב-יום ראשון, 17 בינואר 2021 בשעה 17:41:56 UTC+2, אולה יאסינובי כתב/ה:

Jackie Han

Jan 17, 2021, 12:00:44 PMJan 17
to אולה יאסינובי, Chromium Extensions
You’re very close to getting approved. Come on! You Don’t need help. You can help yourself.

Jackie Han

Simeon Vincent

Jan 22, 2021, 9:16:03 PMJan 22
to Jackie Han, אולה יאסינובי, Chromium Extensions
Ola,

Your account is still pointing to the Terms of Use rather than a Privacy Policy. As long as this is the case the extension will continue to be rejected.

The policy that requires you to have a Privacy Policy is the Personal or Sensitive User Data policy. If you believe that your extension does not qualify as requiring a privacy policy, you will need to appeal the decision by filling out this form. You will also need to remove the incorrect privacy policy link from your account.

Cheers,

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel