Performing a web request without host_permissions

Pawel Kacprzak

Sep 29, 2022, 8:01:08 PMSep 29
to Chromium Extensions
I'm in the process of updating my extension to MV3 and adding some extra features that require authorized access. To do that I'm using Firebase with a flow described here: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/chromium-extensions/c/xQmZLc8cu6Q/m/aDbNaPO6BwAJ

This works fine in development but I found out that firebase/auth makes a request to https://identitytoolkit.googleapis.com/v1/accounts:signInWithCustomToken endpoint to sign in a user. I don't have this host added to host_permissions in manifest.json and the requests seem to work just fine. Can I leave it like that or do I have to add this endpoint to host_permissions? If possible I'd prefer to not add it to avoid handling permission warnings and/or requesting optional_host_permissions.

Thanks,
Pawel

wOxxOm

Sep 30, 2022, 10:17:21 AMSep 30
to Chromium Extensions, pawel.ka...@gmail.com
The server sets the appropriate cross origin headers to make the API available without restrictions, so as long as it works you don't need it in host_permissions.

Pawel Kacprzak

Sep 30, 2022, 10:25:53 AMSep 30
to Chromium Extensions, wOxxOm, Pawel Kacprzak
That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

clara perilla

Sep 30, 2022, 7:49:07 PMSep 30
to Pawel Kacprzak, Chromium Extensions, wOxxOm, Pawel Kacprzak
Hi to everyone can you guide me and we cooperate to finish what we need to upgrade and for extension and need to update thank you.